... have reverence for Christ in your hearts, and honor him as Lord. Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you I Peter 3:15 GNT

Thursday

"He Slapped Me" Scripture

 It's nothing i plan on, but God does sometimes work through my not doing the right thing.
  The most notable incident like that was the time i THOUGHT i had sent out an encouragement card, then found it, ready to go, months later.  i noted this on the back of the envelope, then sent it on.
  My friend later told me that it meant more at the time it arrived than if it had come when i meant it to.

  But this time, i was simply not paying attention.  Well, He took care of THAT.
  My lesson, about Ruth, wanted me to look up Galatians 2:20.
  For some reason, i got to Galatians 6.
  There is no 6:20, so, instead of referring back to the lesson book, i read the entire chapter.
  That was when i got socked.
  Back in the day, it was legalism.  As Dr. McGee said, you never get in trouble for preaching legalism.
  But it's also going with the flow.
"So that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ."
 What is it that will not rock the boat, keep me out of trouble?  
i look around me and see headlines of people changing what they said not very long ago, "keeping up with the times."  
  Have they really been convinced that they were wrong, or are they trying to make things simpler for themselves?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment